Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections resulting in pneumonia (Fluid build up in the lungs), urinary tract infection, bladder infection, prostate gland infection as well as skin infections. Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s inhibits the growth of bacteria that are then destroyed by the immune cells of our body. Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s also kills bacteria by disrupting their inner cellular contents thus fights infection, with lesser chances of causing bacterial resistance to it as compared to other antibiotics.
Directions for Use
Side Effects of Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s
- Trouble sleeping
In-Depth Precautions and Warning
Drug-Drug Interaction: Following drugs should not be taken alongside Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s: Pain-relieving (NSAIDs), Acidity relievers (cimetidine), Anti-tuberculosis drugs (probenecid), Immunosuppressants (cyclosporin), Anti-bacterial drugs (macrolides), Blood sugar lowering drugs (insulin, glibenclamide) & Blood thinners (warfarin), fits medications (Phenytoin, valproate).
Drug-Food Interaction: Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s should be avoided with milk and yoghurt.
Drug-Disease Interaction: Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s should be taken only after doctors consultation in conditions like Swollen intestines (colitis), Weak muscles (myasthenia gravis), Swollen tendons (tendonitis), High blood sugar (diabetes), hemodialysis (kidney dialysis), Kidney dysfunction as well as disease of nerves.
Drug-Drug Interactions Checker List:
Alcohol is not known to cause any unpleasant side effects if taken along with Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s. But intake of alcohol with Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s may damage your liver. So intake of Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s should be avoided with Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s.
It is not known whether Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s will affect pregnant women or fetus or not. Hence, the intake of Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s should be avoided if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant unless your doctor recommends otherwise.
Before taking this drug doctor’s consultation is mandatory.Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s is excreted in human milk. But the amount of Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s absorbed by the nursing infant is unknown.
After taking this drug, you can experience side effects like feeling dizzy, tired, and a spinning sensation (vertigo) or alterations in your vision. If this occurs, do not drive or perform any work that requires high level of concentration.
Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s to be taken with caution, especially if you have a history of liver diseases/conditions. The dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor.
Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s to be taken with caution, especially if you have a history of Kidney diseases/conditions. The dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor.
Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s can be given to children but under medical supervision. Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s is prescribed to the children to treat complicated urinary tract infections, anthrax infection or plague infection.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- Dairy products such as milk and yogurt must be avoided for at least 2 hours before and after taking the medicine.
- Maintaining good hygiene is essential.
- Have more fiber-enriched food in your diet, as it can be easily digested by your gut bacteria, which helps stimulate their growth. Thus, fiber-rich foods may help restore healthy gut bacteria after a course of antibiotics.
After taking the full course of levofloxacin, probiotics should be taken in order to recover healthy bacteria that could have been destroyed in the intestines. The risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea by antibiotic treatment can be minimized by taking probiotics.
Before starting Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s treatment a patient should take care of the following points :
- During treatment and after 48 hours of discontinuation of treatment with Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s, limit exposure to heavy sunlight or to artificial UV rays (e.g. sunlight).
- Before using eye drops of Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s, remove the contact lenses and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
- Monitor liver function test (LFT), renal function test, white blood cell count, and blood glucose level in diabetic patients as Levoflox 250 Tablet 10’s may cause harmful interactions in these patients.