JARDIANCE 10MG contain Empagliflozin which belongs to a group of medicine called sodium glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adult patients (aged 18 years and older) that cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone. It can be used without other medicines in patients who cannot take metformin (another diabetes medicine) and can also be used with other medicines for the treatment of diabetes and helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular death in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus who have known cardiovascular disease.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a disease that comes from both your genes and your lifestyle. If you have type 2 diabetes mellitus, your pancreas does not make enough insulin to control the level of glucose in your blood, and your body is unable to use its own insulin effectively. This results in high levels of glucose in your blood which can lead to medical problems such as heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, and poor circulation in your limbs. The main goal of treating diabetes is to lower your blood sugar to a normal level. High blood sugar can be lowered by diet and exercise and by certain medicine when necessary.
This medicine is strictly not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years. Check your blood sugar periodically as per the instruction of your doctor. Your doctor will monitor your diabetes with regular blood tests, including your blood sugar levels and your hemoglobin A1C. While taking this medicine, stay on diet prescribed to you and regular exercise. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, or pancreas problems. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF JARDIANCE 10MG
- Treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
HOW JARDIANCE 10MG WORKS
It works by stopping the reabsorption of glucose by the kidney and increasing glucose excretion from the body, thus lowering blood sugar levels.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take JARDIANCE 10MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF JARDIANCE 10MG
- Severe allergic reaction (including swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue, or throat that may lead to difficulty breathing or swallowing)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (symptoms include nausea, vomiting, tiredness, trouble breathing, stomach pain, confusion, rapid weight loss, excessive thirst)
- Low blood sugar (headache, irritability, confusion, dizziness, drowsiness, hunger, shaking or feeling jittery, sweating, weakness, fast heart)
- Kidney problems
- Genital yeast infection (thrush)
- Urinary tract infection (burning sensation when passing urine, urine that appears cloudy, pain in the pelvis, or mid-back pain, blood in the urine, need to urinate often)
- Rash or red skin (itchy and include raised bumps, oozing fluid, or blisters)
- Incresaed thirst
- Increase in blood fat (cholesterol) level in your blood
There are no reviews yet.