Azithromycin – antibiotic of a wide spectrum of action. Antibiotic-azalide, a representative of a new subgroup of macrolide antibiotics. In the focus of inflammation it has a bactericidal effect. For the active ingredient of Zithromax, Azithromycin, all the gram-positive cocci (except those bacteria which are resistant to erythromycin) are susceptible.
Azithromycin is a bacteriostatic antimicrobial agent from the macrolide antibiotics group. Azithromycin has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity and can be prescribed for antibiotic treatment at any age.
Azithromycin is effective in treatment of tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, bacterial bronchitis, community pneumonia, and other acute infectious diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Uses of Azithromycin
Azithromycin is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is a macrolide-type antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet if available from your pharmacist before you start taking azithromycin and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily with or without food. You may take this medication with food if stomach upset occurs. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Antibiotics work best when the amount of medicine in your body is kept at a constant level. Therefore, take this drug at the same time each day. Continue to take this medication until the total prescribing amount is finish, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may allow bacteria to continue to grow, resulting in a return of the infection. Antacids containing aluminum or magnesium may decrease the absorption of azithromycin if taken at the same time. If you take an antacid that contains aluminum or magnesium, wait at least 2 hours before or after taking azithromycin. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Alternative Choice Here: Ziverdo kit
- Who must regulate the usage in the best manner by using only the required amount of dosages?
- The dosage must not be more than 15 mg per day. Excess usage will be causing an excessive amount of damages to the entire setup of the body.
- Next in line, the amount of water should be regulated in the best possible manner so that the dosage is releasing and there are no side effects reporting herein.
Sometimes, you may miss the medicine due to a busy schedule, but there is nothing to worry about the missed dose. It will not have any effect on the effectiveness of the whole treatment. You can always set a reminder to make sure that you do not miss any dose in the future. After you have taken a dose, use the alarm for the next one so that there is no time lag and your treatment runs appropriately.
Take the dose prescribed by your physician, but if by mistake you took the higher dose than prescribed, then there is no need to panic and freak out for it. Just look at how the body reacts to the overdose. If the observation is typical, you should be relaxed and do not worry. It has not affected the body, but if you feel uncomfortable or your body begins reacting irregularly, immediately visit your physician, but do not panic. Your doctor will help and provide you a solution for the problem. Relax and adopt the solution suggested by the physician.
Azithromycin Side Effects
Stomach upset, diarrhea/loose stools, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that your benefit is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but severe side effects occur:
- Hearing changes (such as decreased hearing, deafness).
- Eye problems (such as drooping eyelids, blurred vision).
- Difficulty speaking/swallowing.
- Muscle weakness.
- Signs of liver problems (such as unusual tiredness, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine).
There are no reviews yet.